With all the fun charity marathons out there, I’ve decided to add “Run a Marathon” to my list. My friends and I had been talking about doing one for a while, and this fun one fell right into our laps! If you’re not familiar with the Color Me Rad 5k, you run and at certain points volunteers through powdered color (and ever squirt colored water) on you! It was so much fun! I’m not even a runner and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Check out all the pictures and the video at the end!
With Coachella coming up this weekend and the next, I’m feeling the want for Festival Fashion. I’ve never really been a Festival goer and it really depends on who I’m with to determine if I’ll go. I like to take things easy and just simply go with the flow. I don’t like the pressure to run around to this and that. Don’t know if I’ll ever go to Coachella, it’s just so massive. However, I love, love, love seeing all the fashion it brings out in people.
1. It’s a great time to chalk up the hair! I’ve done this trend on nights out on the town, but you just can’t see it in the dark. I love adding several colors, like the one shown on TheBeautyDepartment.com.
2. Flower Crowns, how fun are they!? (Check out the DIY at Kelli Murray.) I wore my flower crown to Disney and it was so much fun wearing it! I love the whole “Flower Child” vibe you get from it. Plus, when you do it yourself you can make it any way you want in any size and shape!
3. With all that sun, you’ll want a good ol’ Floppy Hat. I never used to wear hats, because I think my head is a bit big and looks weird in them. Despite that, I’ll still wear a hat out in the sun! Sunburned scalp anyone? That not fun to deal with and looks like you have constant dandruff when you start peeling. You feel a LOT cooler too!
4. Hippie Style seems to come out in any festival, Woodstock ring a bell? Well, like father, like daughter in this case. Whether my dad likes to admit it or not, he was a bit of a hippie. He swears I’m a hippie at heart, and I sometimes agree. I love the easy flow of fashion!
5. Fringe, such a fun little pop of fashion. Looks so carefree and fun to add to any outfit. Takes a simple purse and gives it something a little more merry and playful.
6. The Boho Style seems a bit related to the Hippie Style, and I adore it. I like the modern upgrade, especially the layering of light pieces. I always feel more comfortable in my Boho clothes.
I love some of all the different styles that are seen at these festivals, especially Coachella. It’s fun to see all the celebrities to come out and play in their personal fashion styles! Here are some of my Festival Fashion Favorites: Vanessa Hudgens, Isabel Lucas, and Kate Bosworth.
All Fired Up! is this wonderful place in Winter Park, FL, and I’m sure you’ve got something similar near you. You go in and pick out an already made pottery piece that has a price on the bottom. The price includes everything including all the paints you use and firing the piece at the end. They tell you all about the paints and how to use the brushes, sponges, and stencils. They even have these pens that make it easy for writing. Once you’re done, you turn in your painted pieces to get fired and they’re ready for pick up within a week.
I kept it simple and not too fancy with the pottery piece and all the paints. I didn’t need to make anything, but my friend and I went because we had a Groupon where we only had to pay 50%. I decided to make a mug for my classroom, which will probably be used to hold pencils and pens on my desk.
I love the end result!! I have to say it was so much fun making, decorating, and using my creativeness. The best thing was the atmosphere! There were people of all ages creating something. I loved these lovely, old women who sat near us with their wine. They were happy and merry, just enjoying each other’s company. I highly recommend if you’re in Central Florida (near Orlando) to go to All Fired Up! for a wonderful experience.